Knowing these things I priced her low. Not low enough to not be low balled even further. I found this random site and posted the car with pictures. Calls started pouring in around 8 pm and didn't stop til after midnight. I. Kid. You. Not. Offers were thousands lower than I asked, people called who couldn't speak English, and I was growing weary of answering my phone after the second day of this.
As with moving out of your apartment, you have options. Sites like Dubizzle, Facebook, or sellanycar.com can work for you. I didn't want to pay for Dubizzle (200 I think) and I didn't feel like the hassle of FB so the last option is what we went with. Let me first say that cars do not hold value like they do at home so don't be too surprised or overly hurt when you don't get what you think you might. At the end of the day, I got a free rental car for a week ( I did have to pay for the full insurance option which was 40 dh a day) and we also get the remainder of our car insurance that we paid (came out to 900 dirham). The AMAZING thing about this option is that it is truly hassle free! They walk you through everything and you can walk away in a day.
Tips for using sellanycar:
1. Clean your car inside and out. That means shampoo the seats if they need it among other things.
2. Make sure everything is in working order.
3. Decide if it is cheaper to get something fixed before you take it in. If not, you will lose money over it.
4. Have the owner of the car present or the transaction cannot be processed.
5. The estimate you get online probably won't be what you get-they complete a check of the car.
6. Use if you just want to take what you can get and walk away.
7. BUT don't sell yourself short. If you have a better car, use one of the other options and see how it goes. Give yourself time to see if the other options work out.
8. Some money is better than none.