But now Im here so lets hope this is a sign of things to come. I think I'll just bullet the items that are most pertinent recently...
- after a mini lesson about the writing process the children are starting to catch on to furthering their writing. A couple of them are labeling their work. Albeit in Arabic but that is to be expected. The point is that they used the lesson and transferred the knowledge!
- I have a little translator. She explains things to the kids after me sometimes and If I ask her what something is she will tell me or act it out,lol. Sometimes she just pokes out her bottom lip and shrugs which means she doesn't have the words to tell me.It's too funny.
- Kids who were in my low group last year have made major gains and are easily doing things that got me blank stares last year.
- While checking their home notebooks I noticed some English words and this is unusual. I was surprised to see that a parent wrote me a note thanking me for my work with her 'baby' and how he was enjoying the new English books we have sent home with them.
- Another parent told my coteacher about how she was noticing his gains at home. He is no longer shy around other people to include his family, he notices letters when they are out and about and attaches them to people's names that he knows and he is about to identify some letters when looking at print at home.