One of my first ideas was tarnished by things I kept reading about the area. The good was outweighed by the bad and the ugly. I will check out the country this summer but my thought is that they are no longer in the running but Im still looking and reading for any new information. I wish EVERYONE would blog! *selfish me*
side note: watching an old video about the city and the guy is talking about how the drinking water comes from the river-the same river that was infested with swine a few months ago. (throws up a little in my mouth)
The second place is under threat of WW3. Though the expat inhabitants dont seem too worried, it is still something to keep in mind. Buuuuuut, Im sure this wont be an issue by the time Im ready to make a move.
What do I want?
- A cultured place
- Freedom to do what I want however I choose. Not that Im a scandalous woman but Id like to not feel like a slut because Im wearing shorts AND have my arms out,lol.
- Good pay
- Ability to travel
- An international school
- English speaking kids
- The ability to teach in a way that is developmentally appropriate
- Reading and writing workshop-for which I will be taking online courses for soon.
- A place that will help me to grow professionally
- A city where both of us can work and travel
- To be in an urban area or possibly right outside but not rural
- To have access to some western food,health care, and amenities (important)