- problem: it costs a lot to pay for another luggage
- it costs more to send for it or to have to buy it over here
- con: They could already have these items in your school,then you brought these things for nothing
- real con: they dont have it and you didnt bring it :-(
- solution: (a)you have materials for your class that are enough for you to create workable centers and dont have to divide items up between classes or sign it out. (b)you no longer need these materials and can sell them for a profit
- problem: I dont know what Ill be able to wear at school
- solution: now this is something you actually CAN wait for! long skirts abound here (if youre not too "big"). Be careful of the sizes and try everything on.Itll save you a headache later. Bring a couple things just in case. Remember that you may decide to wear a jalabiya or an abaya-no problem
- problem: what about my favorite outfits,my shoes?
- solution: If you dont bring them,youll prob end up kicking yourself because when you go out,you can wear what you want to and may be shocked at what you see some people wear. IF they are your favorite,I say bring them.If your feet are size 9 or larger,BRING THEM.
People have questions about bringing deodorant,underwear,makeup,peanut butter, dvds,etc.
They have deodorant here but if you have sensitive skin or are concerned about the content,it may be a good idea to bring your own. Underwear are everywhere.Unless you have a special case,you should be fine here.I heard theres a VCs in Dubai and Fredericks of Hollywood is coming soon to Abu Dhabi. Theres also La Senza. Though if you have a large bust,Id say bring your own.
Makeup? Its here (sephora,mac,revlon if youre light,inglot)
peanut butter? of course
dvds? Ive not heard of one person having problems with dvds of NORMAL content getting in
Maybe pack a second bag of things you will bring back with you on your return from Christmas break (if youre going home.We DO have 3 weeks off). You should know if youre staying by then. Maybe even go in with someone shipping some things if you have THAT much stuff but most didnt find that necessary.
We are creatures of habit. Some can leave everything they owned behind and be ok (Im more on this end). Others NEED to have things that are familiar to them and theres nothing wrong with that either. As long as you cope and adjust well (the most important thing).
So bring it all...bring nothing...just bring yourself and enjoy the experience as much as humanly possible.
There is a reform waiting for you!